Since it's less than 2 weeks until Christmas, we're not doing a lot of DIY projects around here. We're in more of a GSD mode, you know, "get shit done".
My parents are coming in this weekend to celebrate and then the regular festivities are next week. So, we're busy bustin' are butts to get last minute shopping done, wrapping everything before the other one peeks, and getting the house cleaned and ready for company.
Since all that stuff isn't blog worthy, I thought I'd stop in to share some things that I'm hoping Santa leaves under the tree this year:
1. I bought my first pair of TOMS over the summer and love them! I have these ash colored ones but, ever since I bought Mike a pair of the limited edition Movember ones, I've been borrowing his, (sometimes without asking - sorry babe!). I think it's about time I get my own black pair.
2. I saw a commercial for the new HGTV Magazine while watching what else, HGTV, and knew I wanted it. I think it'll be like This Old House Magazine but with more flair!
3. To those that are just blog friends, (those that stop in to see what's happening at our little blog, but don't know Mike and I personally), I never told you that over the summer Mike and I made a little beehive and have been happy beekeepers for the last couple of months! We've been busy outside trying to get the hive ready for the winter and hope they make it through, and busy inside trying to bring a little 'bee-ness' into the decorating. I loved this vase even before we got the bees, but now that we're new parents to over 10,000 of the little guys, this is even more cute. Someday, I promise to write a post of all the beekeeping shenanigans.
4. I used to get Shellac manicures and tried a couple places around town, but was never satisfied with it. Due to shoty work, not the system. I loved the system. That's why this DIYer went and bought everything I needed to do it at home. They've been a little slow going with adding new colors, but they finally have a cute gray color called Asphalt.
5. I've always been more of a chapstick kinda girl more than lipstick, but one of my Thirty before 30 things is to start wearing lipstick everyday. This MAC lipstick in Fanfare has been all over Pinterest lately as a nice natural color.
6. Mike and I have a thing for ginkgo leaves, and when I saw these charms on Esty I thought they would make a really cute necklace.
7. I also found these grocery bag holders on Pinterest, and I'm not embarrassed to say I want one in every color. While Mike takes two or three bags in at a time, I like to try to grab all 13 bags at once to only make one trip. Most of the time I make it, almost all of the time I get to the back door and spend 10 more minutes trying to figure out how to turn the handle with my elbow or foot.
8. Finally my DLSR camera, this is a holdover from last year. And if I don't get one this year, it'll be on my list again next year. I'm tired of my grainy Blackberry photos, or the dark and unfocused from my point and shoot. Somebody please take pity on me!
Well there it is. When I was younger I would have been bummed if I didn't get everything I asked for, but as I've grown up I'm definitely more of a giver, and I've picked out some kick-ass gifts for everyone, so I already know I'm going to have a great time this year. If I get one or none of the items above I'll be happy, I'll just wait for some after the holidays sales and help myself!
What's on everyone's must-have list this year? Anyone else buy things for themselves and say they're from Santa? Nope, just me?