"Liebster, in German, means endearing, valued, lovely, beloved, etc. This award is a way to acknowledge new, up-and-coming bloggers and talented, long-time bloggers with few followers and to help recognize them for their outstanding accomplishments in design as presented on their blog."
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's a way to show appreciation to smaller blogs and to help bring in readership that may not have found you otherwise! Thanks Harlie, it made my day!
So, along with being nominated, there are some rules to play along. Sort of a "get to know the blogger" thing.
- Add the award image with a link back to the one who gave it to you
- Post 5 random things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the person who gave you the award
- Nominate 5 bloggers (and let them know)
- Post 5 new questions to the bloggers you pass the award to
- I have a birthmark on my left knee that's kind of in the shape of Ohio. It might be hereditary because my cousin has one on his knee too.
- I hate most vegetables. I try really hard to eat them, but they are so gross. I've started juicing to get some veggie nutrients and seem to be fine masking the taste with an apple or lemon.
- I have a tattoo on my right foot. My sister, mom, and grandma, (who's 87), all have a matching one.
- I love Harry Potter.
- When I was in 4th grade a boy ran into me in gym class and broke his two front teeth on my forehead. One piece got stuck in my head and we didn't notice until the swelling went down and it started coming back out weeks later. I have a scar about in inch long.
- What would you do if you became independently wealthy tomorrow? Pay someone to finish our renovations! Then quit my job and become am event planner.
- What simple or modern convenience can’t you live without? I hate to admit it, but my iPhone.
- If you could instantly move your house to anywhere in the world, where would you live? Is there somewhere that simultaneously is next to the ocean, has mountains for snowboarding, is in the woods, and has nice weather all year round? If so, that's where I'd move.
- What is the longest you’ve been “off-the-grid” since you started blogging (if ever)? Probably 2-3 weeks. Sometimes we're just not that interesting, well not enough to write home about.
- What is your particular first world problem? Hulu Plus not having the third season of Downton Abbey.
- Bonus: What have you got in your pocket? Nothing, I never put anything in my pockets. Mike on the other hand has gotten his wallet, knife, and misc. metals washed numerous times because I always forget to check his pockets before washing them.
I usually only read bigger blogs, since I check mostly at work in my downtime, but this was a good excuse to find some smaller blogs to start checking out.
- What is your favorite decorating or renovating tool?
- What is your favorite color combination, personal or decorating?
- What is your favorite social media platform?
- What is your favorite TV show right now?
- If they made a movie about your life, who would play you?
- Bonus: What is your particular first world problem? I liked this question from Harlie, so I'm including it too!