If you’re just tuning in, check out the competition announcement here. But for a quick reminder, my family decided to start a friendly building competition. We were all challenged to build something out of pallet wood based on the topic ‘The Office’, which was randomly selected from a list of topics everyone submitted.
- Projects will be turned in bi-monthly, on the last day of the month. First project to be submitted Feb 28th. (Extended to March 22nd – reason “It’s too freakin cold”)
- Each project must be structurally made of pallet wood.
- Projects can have other materials added to them (metal, ceramic, glass, electronics, cloth, plastic, etc.) as long as it remains primarily made of pallet wood.
- Projects can be finished in any way you want (stain, paint, veneer, upholstery, etc.)
- Projects don't have to be complex to win. Simply gluing the wood together if you want is fine, they don't have to last forever. Obviously, everyone is not going to be at the same ability level, but while craftsmanship is important, we should focus more on creativity.
- No teams! This is a competition for individual creativity. Although help with power tools is allowed.
Project #1 – Eyeglass Holder
Project #2 – Michael Scott Mural
Project #3 – Display Board
Project #4 – Air Plant Holder
Now it’s your turn to vote! Use the widget below to cast your vote.
We’ll leave voting open for 1 week, until Sunday, March 29th.
Come back next Monday to see who built which project and who won the first KDH Family Build-Off Challenge!
We’ll also be announcing the next topic. That’s right we’re already starting the second challenge!